Regional ISET Coordinator (Alberta)
Reports to: CEO
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Salary Range: $38,000+ based on experience
Term: Full time permanent
Closing Date: Until a suitable candidate is found
Internal/External Job Posting
This position will support the development and implementation of the Native Women’s Association of Canada (NWAC) Indigenous Skills and Employment Training program in the Province of Alberta. The NWAC ISET program addresses the special employment and training needs of Indigenous women, girls and gender diverse residing off reserve.
- Post secondary education in social services, human resources, Aboriginal/Indigenous studies or a strong background in career and employment services and minimum of 2 years experience;
- Familiarity with Indigenous communities, organizations and employment and training agencies in Alberta and across Canada;
- Successful completion and maintenance of clear Criminal Records Check including Vulnerable Sector;
- Valid Driver’s License.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge and commitment to the principles and values that guide the work of the Institute for the Advancement of Aboriginal Women;
- Understanding of issues related to enhancing the lives of Indigenous women and their families;
- Solid understanding of Gender Based Analysis and approaches to programming;
- Superior communication skills, interpersonal, written and verbal skills, within diverse groups, communities and individuals;
- Strong presentation skills, liaison and networking expertise;
- Direct experience in project coordination, policy and work plan development, and report writing;
- Ability to work independently in a collaborative manner with strong organizational skills;
- Complete understanding of dealing with confidential and sensitive information;
- Expertise in working in a high pressure, fast paced environment;
- Ability to adapt to change in tasks and priorities as needed;
- Full comprehension, knowledge and experience with all computer software including Microsoft suite of tools and internet techniques.
Citizenship: Canadian citizen or permanent resident (eligible to work in Canada)
- Fluency in English is essential. Bilingualism is a strong asset.
- Promote IAAW, NWAC, and the ISET program to Indigenous women and the general public;
- Work with Indigenous women to secure employment and educational opportunities;
- Provide vocational assessments, counseling, and career planning for individuals receiving provincial Social Assistance and Employment Insurance;
- Provide employment and training opportunities to Indigenous women;
- Develop, maintain and administer employment and training client contracts;
- Develop and facilitate in-house and community workshops, and project presentations;
- Research grant opportunities and write proposals in collaboration for leverage funding;
- Research and keep up to date with labour market demands and educational opportunities;
- Ensure appropriate reporting is provided to NWAC with respect to the ISET program;
- Maintain ISET office space and filing system;
- Organize provincial ISET Selection Committee meetings;
- Ensure proper maintenance of all ISET financial records in accordance with standard accounting practices and procedures;
- Ensure records accurately reflect the financial status of the Employment and Training Program and comply with all requirements of law;
- Maintain all contracts, procurement files, client files, insurance and bank documents, and ensure other financial and correspondence records are maintained and secured;
- Maintain all T4A’s and Summary Reports, including client reports;
- Write and submit quarterly financial reports to NWAC as per ISET program requirements;
- Willingness to travel and work outside of business hours when necessary;
- Direct liaison with the NWAC National Office regarding ISET program activities and deliverables;
- Other duties as assigned.
Please submit resume and covering letter to:
Priority will be given to Indigenous candidates.
Email submissions only. No phone calls please.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.This posting is available in English only. Cette offre d’emploi est disponible en anglais seulement.
There are no further employment opportunities. Please check back here periodically for new opportunities. Also, follow us on Facebook for news and updates.