The project coordinator will assist Aboriginal women who face barriers as a result of COVID-19 by accessing resources that will provide medium and long-term goals.
- Conduct interviews with women requesting supports
- Bring forward information gained through the interview to the review committee
- Keep thorough notes and files; prepare monthly reports
- Prepare and share program materials, deliver presentations
- Communicate best practices and areas for improvement
- Join with other staff members to ensure important organizational milestones are met, including events and gatherings.
- Degree and/or diploma in a social services related field
- Minimum 2 years of providing services or supports to people
- Project management experience, minimum 2 years working in an office.
- Reliable form of transportation
Skills and Abilities
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Knowledge of trauma-informed service delivery.
- Knowledgeable of the First Nation, Metis and Inuit community in Alberta
- Strong interpersonal and time management skills, Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Creative and innovative; you will take the initiative to solve problems and recommend improvements
- Ability to lift materials and displays up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to travel occasionally and to work remotely
- Friendly, professional and outgoing to promote positive working relationships inside and outside the office.
Reporting To: CEO Hours of work: Full-time position. Monday – Friday 8:30am-4:30pm, some extended hours or weekends to be expected. Salary Range $42,000 – 48,000 to start per annum, based on experience. Basic Benefits to start after probationary period completed.
Closing Date: April 30, 2021 at 4pm
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 780-471-2169 with cover letter and resume to HR Committee.
Those selected for interview will be notified before May 7, 2021.
Telephone inquiries will not be accepted.