The communication person assists the organization in the sharing of information to service providers, media, and other stakeholders. This person would mainly work from home.
- Use imagination and creativity to design organizational documents.
- Prepare news releases, notices, and other types of communication tools.
- Assist other team members on event & program communications.
- Complete training and train staff on communication tools
- Communicate best practices and areas for improvement.
- Enrolled in communications program and/or have interest in communication and social media, especially for non-profit organizations.
Skills and Abilities
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, InDesign
- Knowledgeable of communication programs
- Strong interpersonal and time management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to lift materials and displays up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to travel and have dependable transportation to/from work.
- Friendly, professional, and outgoing to promote positive working relationships inside and outside the office.
Reporting To: CEO
Hours of work: Full-time position. Monday – Friday 8:30am-4:30pm or 9:00am-5:00pm, some extended hours or weekends to be expected.
Salary Range $18.00 – $20.00per hour, based on experience
This is a Canada Summer Jobs position and is for post-secondary students returning to school in Fall of 2021. The term is July 1 -Aug. 31, 2021
Closing Date: until a suitable candidate is found.
Email email@example.com with cover letter and resume to HR Committee.
Those selected for interview will be notified.
Telephone inquiries will not be accepted.