The summer youth activity coordinators are both responsible for recruiting participants, leading summer activities— including activities on-line and liaising between elders and youth. A vital component in this position is to help facilitate personal, social, and educational workshops for young people to help them build self esteem and confidence while building cultural knowledge.
- Set up and organize summer activities with young Indigenous women aged 13-17 and 18-21
- Facilitate activities to support individuals on personal, social, and educational growth, as well as encouraging greater social inclusion.
- work in partnership with professionals from other organizations as social service agencies, health, police, educational institutions.
- Attending and contributing to planning meetings.
- Attend training opportunities to increase knowledge of safeguarding of information, health and safety and other relevant policies.
- undertaking administrative tasks; maintaining effective recording systems and writing reports.
- working with parents/guardians to support young women’s interests.
- Assist with evaluation completion and give presentations to various groups.
- In post secondary program with min. 2nd year completed in related field and/or significant related experience
- CWIS and Criminal Record Check will be required for interview.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent organizational, written, and oral communication skills.
- Creative and innovative; you will take the initiative to design activities, solve problems and recommend improvements.
- Friendly, professional, and outgoing to promote positive working relationships individually and in a team.
Reporting To: CEO
Hours of work: Full-time position. Monday – Friday 8:30am-4:30pm.
Salary Range $18.00 – $20.00per hour, based on experience
This is a Canada Summer Jobs position and is for post-secondary students returning to school in Fall of 2021. The term is July 1 -Aug. 31, 2021
Closing Date: until a suitable candidate is found.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with cover letter and resume to HR Committee.
Those selected for interview will be notified.
Telephone inquiries will not be accepted.