The partnership and community outreach coordinator is responsible for creating a pipeline of supports in the province of Alberta to increasing the number of Aboriginal women and 2SLGBTQQIA persons in leadership and decision-making positions. This person reports to the CEO and maintains proactive and positive relationships in the community. Vital components are:
- Ensuring 3 year program is successfully undertaken as proposed
- Sharing IAAW programs to expand or support local initiatives underway
- Links with other community initiatives, building links to Guardian Angels already working in the community.
- Develop relationships with stakeholders and key service providers.
- Continue to build connections to local women’s groups across the province
- Host monthly info sessions on Zoom
- Establish key priority areas such as employment & training, poverty reduction, violence prevention, human rights or justice reforms.
- Organize, plan and implement events for the communities including cultural events, social events and educational events such as promising packages as per plan.
- Manage the registration of participants, liaise with evaluator and share statistical information as requested
- Manage logistics, operations and budget for the project.
- Utilize the Strategic Communication Plan to build connections to the community
- Complete all necessary reports and conduct presentations.
- Degree or diploma in related field and/or significant related experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience working on community development activities
- Minimum 3 years experience managing projects
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to lead small and medium sized groups
- Ability to host workshops and give speaking engagements
- Excellent organizational, written and oral communication skills
- Creative and innovative; you will take the initiative to solve problems and recommend improvements
- Friendly, professional and outgoing to promote positive working relationships
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and time management skills
Hours of work: Full-time salaried position. Monday – Friday 8:30am-4:30pm, some extended hours or weekends to be expected. Ability to travel for 2-3 days is necessary on Year 2. Would consider a flexible schedule, for the successful candidate.
Salary Range based on experience. Basic Benefits to start after probationary period completed.
Closing Date: September 10, 2021 at 4pm
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with cover letter and resume to HR Committee.
Those selected for interview will be notified before Sept 17, 2021 at 4pm.
Telephone inquiries will not be accepted.