The administrative assistant manages statistical information and provides administrative support to a busy team of 10. Due to COVID-19, staff are working from home on a rotation basis. This person reports to the CEO.
- Manage and share statistical information.
- Draft correspondence and ensure delivery through courier, email, and mail.
- Answer phone and respond to emails.
- Input information into database.
- Assist with planning of events.
- Experience working in an office environment is beneficial.
- Knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook programs
- Basic knowledge of the Aboriginal community in Alberta
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent time management abilities and communication skills
- Creative and innovative; you will take the initiative to solve problems and recommend improvements.
- Friendly, professional, and outgoing to promote positive relationships with members, board, other staff and public.
- Be a team player.
Reporting To: CEO
Hours of work: Full-time position. Monday – Friday 8:30am-4:30pm.
Salary Range $18.00 – $20.00per hour, based on experience
This is a Canada Summer Jobs position and is for post-secondary students returning to school in Fall of 2021. The term is July 1 -Aug. 31, 2021
Closing Date: until a suitable candidate is found.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with cover letter and resume to HR Committee.
Those selected for interview will be notified.
Telephone inquiries will not be accepted.