Hours of work: Full-time position. Monday – Friday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Location: Edmonton Office
Salary Range: Based on experience. Benefits package to start after probationary period completed.
Term: Full time permanent
Closing Date: Until a suitable candidate is found.
As part of the finance team, the Finance Assistant is responsible for preparation of Casino reports, annual corporate reporting, GST and other CRA reports. In addition, the Finance Assistant will manage spreadsheets detailing funds received and paid for on IAAW facilities and properties, including rent/lease payments, insurance fees and contractor payments. The Finance Assistant reports to the Finance Manager.
- Develop, produce, and coordinate financial and administrative statements on a monthly basis and in a timely manner.
- Prepare special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Participate in the evaluation and implementation of accounting and reporting standards, including the development or refinement of current practices, policies, and procedures.
- Degree and/or diploma in accounting and/or finance or several years bookkeeping experience.
- Additional designations are beneficial.
- Minimum three years of office experience in a fast-paced environment.
Skills and Abilities
- Good understanding and/or experience with non-profit accounting.
- Experience delivering financial and administrative reports as scheduled.
- Acute attention to detail with the ability to meet multiple deliverables.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with multiple stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and accounting skills.
- Ability to work independently in a collaborative manner with strong organizational skills.
- Complete understanding of dealing with confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to adapt to change in tasks and priorities as needed.
- Successful completion and maintenance of clear Criminal Records Check.
- Valid Driver’s License and/or Reliable Transportation
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please state in your cover letter how you align with Esquao, the Institute for the Advancement of Aboriginal Women. Please address your email to the Hiring Committee. Priority will be given to Indigenous candidates.
Email submissions only. No phone calls please.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Esquao, the Institute for the Advancement of Aboriginal Women, is an Alberta non-profit organization that serves to amplify and share the voices of Indigenous women on the issues and challenges they face.